e-Durable regularly opens positions and we always look for talented professionals who share our values.
IT Support Engineer
e-Durable is your information technology service provider in Suisse Romande placing sustainable development at the heart of its activities.
We are looking for a highly organized, process, and business-oriented engineer to join our ICT Support team who provides network and system support to our clients on a regular basis.
- Provide IT system administration services to SMEs remotely and onsite.
- Manage IT infrastructures – network, servers, virtual machines, client workstations.
- Deploy solutions and software.
- Perform security maintenance on software and systems in line with the company’s policies.
- Execute daily IT administrative tasks, including installing, configuring, upgrading networks, firewalls, servers, laptops, printers, cell phones (Android & iOS) and fixing issues.
- Conduct thorough problem analysis in regard to technical system troubleshooting and propose viable solutions and alternatives.
- Escalate issues if needed.
- Contribute to infrastructure standards / best practices within the company.
- Engineering degree or equivalent in a technical field.
- Experience in networks: IP addressing (ipv4, ipv6), Wifi, LAN, routers and firewall administration
- Experience with Operating System Administration, specifically Windows Server, Linux (CENTOS, Ubuntu).
- Experience with virtualization technology (Hyper-V, VMware, KVM).
- Fluent in English and French.
- An outstanding customer-service attitude.
- A constant desire to know more about ICT in general and always happy to discover new technologies.
Nice to have:
- Experience with MS Exchange is a big plus.
- Experience in database administration is a plus (Postgres, Mariadb, MSSQL).
- Experience with MacOS administration is a plus.
- Experience with, or knowledge of Swisscom Services portfolio is a plus.
Above all we are looking for a talented and motivated professional who has the right attitude and can join the ICT support team to quickly address client issues and efficiently diagnose and maintain IT infrastructures.
What we offer
- a very open minded environment, where transparency is key and feedback is valued;
- a flexible occupancy rate between 60% and 100%;
- flexible work hours, including home office possibilities;
- a yearly train subscription (Abonnement Général CFF);
- a team that constantly searches and explores sustainable practices as well as technical innovations, especially in open source communities.
If you fit the above profile and want to be part of a small and dedicated team that is very enthusiastic about green and responsible IT, then send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by 18th February 2022.